We envision a community of well-educated, diverse, and inclusive scientists working together to tackle the major social, cultural, and technological challenges of the 21st century. Our goal is to develop and provide uniquely tailored programs for all learners who share our vision and want to work with us to build this community
What we offer
Undergraduate Research Experiences (UREs) such as NSF REU Sites provide formative experiences for developing researchers. Our team can provide custom-tailored solutions to support your REU Site or other URE program from beginning to end that include:
- Grant development: Framing, writing, and editing proposals
- Recruitment: Strategic solutions to diversify applicant pools and broaden participation
- Professional development: Develop and facilitate participatory workshops to build science skills
- Program metrics and evaluation: Create assessment tools, deploy survey instruments, and analyze data
Why work with us?
We founded Sound Solutions for Sustainable Science to broaden engagement in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine (STEMM). We are former co-directors of the Harvard Forest REU Site with decades of experience in engaging undergraduates in award-winning, inclusive, and experiential learner-centered research and education programs. We have an unparalleled track record in creating national models for experiential undergraduate research programs; obtaining federal and philanthrophic funding to support them; recruiting diverse student and supporting inclusive cohorts; streamlining program logistics; developing interactive workshops and seminars to build scientific skills; and evaluating and assessing program success.
How much does it cost?
Our customizable solutions will fit comfortably within a standard REU grant application, other grant proposals, or departmental budgets:
- For NSF REU Sites, fees for supporting services normally would be budgeted in G.3 (Other Direct Costs — Consultant Services)
- For REU Supplements, costs normally would be itemized as per-student costs within F.4 (Participant Support Costs — Other).
- Contact us to help you budget appropriately for other agencies or philanthropies.
Inclusion of any of these fees should be reviewed and approved by your Office for Sponsored Programs before you submit your proposal
Contact us for detailed scopes of work and fees that will fit within your budget
[ Download this page as a pdf to share with your colleagues ]